Thursday, January 12, 2017

New Year Hope and Prayer for you...

With the New Year is the excitement of the possibility of... well, anything happening!  This year, you went to your first Youth Group Winter Retreat at Black Rock.  And, from the sounds of it, you had quite the amazing time.  I am so thankful to God for bringing us to Trinity.  You've made some great friends along the way and have been learning about God from some great teachers!  



What I hope and pray for this year is that you fully put your trust in Jesus and become baptized!  Last year, you told us that you prayed the "sinner's prayer" and that you were saved!  BUT you have told us that you have some doubts in your heart, and I have no doubt that is Satan trying to trip you up so you don't fully serve the Lord.  Satan knows how incredibly special God has made you, and he's trying everything he can to stop you from doing all that God has in store for you.  

My biggest fear in life is not a painful death or something scary like a giant spider coming after me.  No, no.  My biggest fear would be that you don't fully commit your heart and life to Jesus.  But I know that God's word is true, that He is a loving and merciful God, and that He always keeps his promises.  I know that you will struggle in life from time to time, as everyone else does in their life, but I know that the Holy Spirit has been working in you.  I know that one day you will become a fully committed follower of Jesus.  Maybe you are now... but only God and you truly know your heart!  I pray for your salvation, and I know that the God who created the universe hears my prayers for your soul.  I love you so much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment